Architectural Project Manager
As an Architectural Project Manager with SZ, you will make an immediate positive impact by designing and managing new and on-going projects start to finish, interfacing with clients and working with small multi-disciplinary project teams. You’ll get to work on virtually all aspects of projects and have plenty of autonomy. At the same time, an engaged and entrepreneurial team including Suzanne Zahr, Founder / Architect, Ed Bom, Construction Manager, and a small hardy Design/Build team will support you.
You will interface with commercial & residential clients and consultants on day-to-day matters, set up or review production drawings (hand sketching, SketchUp, AutoCAD and/or Revit) and manage project budgets and schedules. Bridging design efforts with in-house construction cost-estimating will be a key component of this role. Doing so involves working directly with the Construction Management team in identifying all Clarifications & Assumptions at the end of each design phase. In short, you’ll contribute from the start, work on all aspects of a project from beginning to end, expand your skills and grow your career in an informal yet highly focused environment.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Think ‘big picture’, clearly see and design the process from idea through construction and clearly articulate that process through words and pictures to clientele
2. Keep projects moving forward with quality, complete communication and attention to budgets and schedules. This may include site planning, due diligence, SEPA and other documentation, permitting
3. Complete or edit production drawings, perhaps beginning with hand drawing and AutoCAD then editing a Junior Designer's AutoCAD or Revit documents
4. Represent SZ in project meetings with clients, project consultants and sub-contractors
5. Juggle multiple projects and deadlines; achieve all deadlines on or ahead of schedule and stay within established budgets
6. Work collaboratively with project team in a transparent, focused and comfortable environment
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES
· Bachelor/Master of Architecture; Construction Management Knowledge a plus
· Likely 6-10 years architectural work experience, at least some in commercial and/or retail projects, and ability to manage multiple projects through production at various stages
· A forward-thinking, big-picture, and ‘let’s get it done’ attitude; identify problems and bring forward solution options
· Proven ability to hand sketch rough designs; create or edit design documents using AutoCAD, SketchUp and Revit
· Clear, timely and articulate communications including spoken, formal and informal (email) written communication with clients and consultants, and transparent and corgial communication with other employees and project team members
· Demonstrated experience in client management—manage expectations, plan the work, document meetings and project progress, and solve problems, thus gaining client trust and building rapport
· Be a team player who can take direction when needed being proactive as the situation requires
· A curiosity and enjoyment of life and your work!
Technical Skills Required:
· AutoCAD 2016
· SketchUp Pro
· Revit 2016
· Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
· Microsoft Office, including Excel and Power Point
SZ Architects offers an excellent compensation package including competitive salary, medical/dental insurance, and potential performance bonus. SZ is an equal opportunity employer that encourages a live/work balance in a comfortable environment.