Architectural Project Manager.
Suzanne Zahr Inc. / SZ Build, Inc. (SZ) is an Architect-led Design/Build firm on Mercer Island that works with residential, corporate, and retail clientele. We are currently seeking applications for an Architectural Project Manager position at our Mercer Island office.
As an Architectural Project Manager with SZ, you will make an immediate positive impact by designing and managing new and on-going projects from start to finish, working at the interface of clients and small multi-disciplinary project teams.
You will have the opportunity to work on virtually all aspects of projects and have plenty of autonomy. At the same time, you will have the support of an engaged and entrepreneurial team, including Suzanne Zahr, Founder / Architect, Ed Bom, Construction Manager, and a small yet hardy Design/Build team.
You will work directly with commercial and residential clients and consultants on day-to-day matters, set up or review production drawings (such as hand sketching, SketchUp, AutoCAD and/or Revit), and manage project budgets and schedules.
Bridging design efforts with in-house construction cost-estimating will be a key component of this role. To complete these tasks, you will work directly with the Construction Management team in identifying all clarifications and assumptions at the end of each design phase. You will contribute to projects from the start, expand your skills, and grow your career in an informal, yet highly-focused environment.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be able to think ‘big picture’ in order to clearly see and design the process from idea through construction.
- Able to clearly articulate that process through words and pictures to clientele.
- Represent SZ in project meetings with clients, project consultants, and sub-contractors
- Keep projects moving forward by using quality, complete communication with team while also paying attention to budgets and schedules. This may include site planning, due diligence, SEPA, permitting, and other documentation.
- Complete or edit production drawings, possibly beginning with hand drawing and AutoCAD before editing a Junior Designer's AutoCAD or Revit documents.
- Juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Achieve all deadlines on or ahead of schedule and stay within established budgets.
- Work collaboratively with project team in a transparent, focused and comfortable environment.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND PREFERRED QUALITIES
- Bachelor/Master degree in Architecture; Construction Management knowledge is a plus.
- 6-10 years of architectural work experience, at least some in commercial and/or retail projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects through production at various stages.
- Have a forward-thinking, big-picture, and ‘let’s get it done’ attitude.
- Initiative to identify problems and bring forward solution options.
- Proven ability to hand sketch rough designs; create or edit design documents using AutoCAD, SketchUp and Revit.
- Clear, timely, and articulate communication: this includes spoken, formal, and informal written communication with clients and consultants (email, presentations, phone calls, etc.), and transparent and cordial communication with other employees and project team members.
- Demonstrated experience in client management: Manage expectations, plan the work appropriately, document meetings and project progress, and solve problems, thus gaining client trust and building rapport.
- Be a team player who can take direction when needed, while also being proactive as the situation requires.
- Have a sense of curiosity and an enjoyment of life and your work!
YOUR TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- AutoCAD 2016
- SketchUp Pro
- Revit 2016
- Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Microsoft Office, including Excel and Power Point
SZ offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, medical/dental insurance, and potential performance bonuses. SZ is an equal opportunity employer that encourages a work-life balance in a comfortable environment.